- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Phil Dawson
As hard-hitting safety Donte Whitner headed out of the Bay Area for his hometown of Cleveland, the San Francisco 49ers wasted little time finding someone to fill his position.
Billy Cundiff didn't make Browns fans forget kicker Phil Dawson. However, he did make them miss him a little less.
In another season of coming oh so close, here is a look at some of the best and worst moments for the San Francisco 49ers during a year that ended with a loss in the NFC championship game to the archrival Seattle Seahawks on Sunday that left them at 14-5:
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Phil Dawson walked off the field in triumph, his left hand still raised in the freezing air.
Phil Dawson kicked a 33-yard field goal as time expired, and Colin Kaepernick threw for 227 yards and ran for another 98 to lead the San Francisco 49ers past the Green Bay Packers 23-20 on Sunday night in a frigid NFC wild-card game.
Kickoffs have defined Josh Cribbs' career in the NFL, and made him an invaluable weapon for the Cleveland Browns.
Browns kicker Phil Dawson stood in front of his locker and lectured like a calculus professor at Harvard.
The Cleveland Browns have signed several players including kicker Phil Dawson, seven of their eight draft picks and 21 undrafted free agents.
The Browns aren't kicking Phil Dawson aside.
The Cleveland Browns have placed the franchise tag on kicker Phil Dawson, a strong signal the club will attempt to re-sign its career leader in field goals.
"The reward is high,"
"It's the risk, reward," Browns kicker Phil Dawson says. "It's like a short par-4. You pull out the driver and try to put it on the green, and you're looking at eagle _ or you're walking away with a bogey. If the situation presents itself, and then you call it, you have a chance to make a big play. But if you don't, the other team has the ball on the other side of the field and they're one first down from field-goal range. That's the dilemma."