- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Topic - Phil Jackson
Larry Brown thinks the New York Knicks have mistreated coach Mike Woodson. If they are going to replace him, he believes it should be with Phil Jackson.
With Knicks President Phil Jackson watching from a luxury suite high above the court, his new team's teetering playoff hopes got a big shove from his old team's incredible offensive show.
Mike Woodson not only isn't mad the New York Knicks wanted Phil Jackson for his job, he knows a guy if Jackson seeks a coach to run the triangle offense.
Long after Phil Jackson acknowledged the cheering fans with a thumbs-up and then a wave, there was one more standing ovation inside Madison Square Garden.
Phil Jackson has control of the New York Knicks, along with complete power to do what is necessary to fix them.
Phil Jackson is back in New York, providing the Knicks stability, championship-building ideas and a link to the franchise's best days.
Jackson was a member of the Knicks' championship-winning teams in 1970 and 1973, but they haven't won a title since. Jackson went on to become the league's most successful coach, winning 11 championships with the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls.
If there's something James Dolan seems to have finally figured out from his tenure as chairman of the New York Knicks, it's this: It's a lot easier to get people to pay their cable bills every month than it is to build a winning franchise in the NBA.
Before Phil Jackson can begin reshaping their future, the New York Knicks are trying to make something of this season.
Even before meeting with him, Knicks players like Phil Jackson's hiring to run their franchise.
The move had been expected for several days, with Knicks star Carmelo Anthony saying earlier in the week that he was told Jackson would be "coming on board" with the team. Jackson will likely have complete control of the team's basketball operations.
Phil Jackson won NBA titles as a player and a coach. He'll now try winning as an executive.
Carmelo Anthony said Wednesday that he has heard Phil Jackson will be "coming on board" with the New York Knicks, the strongest indication yet that the 11-time NBA champion coach will soon be taking over the team's basketball operations.
He has said he and Woodson will have a discussion after the season, but Brown thinks the best replacement for Woodson would be Jackson himself.
NEW YORK (AP) - Long after Phil Jackson acknowledged the cheering fans with a thumbs-up and then a wave, there was one more standing ovation inside Madison Square Garden.