- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
Latest Philadelphia Eagles Items
Once again the Washington Redskins dug themselves a hole that they could not escape. They came close on Sunday afternoon against the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. But a fourth-quarter rally ended in the arms of Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin in the Philadelphia end zone.
What was once a season that could have been truly special is in increasing danger of being remembered for the wrong reasons. With another loss, their seventh in their first 10 games, the Redskins have not only established themselves as the worst team in their division, but they have seemingly done so with a litany of issues they cannot manage to correct.
Redskins veteran Trent Williams said after Sunday's 24-16 loss to the Eagles that he was verbally harassed by an official toward the end of the first half.
Nick Foles completed 17 of 26 passes for 298 yards and the Philadelphia Eagles snapped a 10-game home losing streak by defeating the Washington Redskins 24-16 on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.
Only once this season has the highly productive Alfred Morris averaged less than four yards per carry. That came against the Eagles in Week 1. Now comes the rematch.
When the Redskins squared off with the Eagles in September, it's fair to say neither the offense nor defense were ready. On Sunday, Kyle Shanahan is looking forward to changing that.
At the moment, 2013 is on pace to wind up as only the second NFL season in the past 20 years without a single 1,500-yard rusher.
Cornerback DeAngelo Hall, defensive end Stephen Bowen and safety Jose Gumbs have been listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Eagles, Coach Mike Shanahan said Friday.
Five questions Redskins beat writer Zac Boyer has heading into Washington's Sunday afternoon game against the Philadelphia Eagles.