- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
Latest Philadelphia Eagles Items
Almost to a man, the Atlanta Falcons insist they don't care who they play in the next round of the playoffs.
DeSean Jackson can score anytime he touches the ball from anywhere on the field.
As a player in the 1980s and '90s, Hall of Fame defensive back Ronnie Lott was known for _ and roundly praised for _ jarring tackles. As a newly appointed co-chairman of the NFL Player Safety Advisory Panel, he's looking forward to watching this year's playoffs and keeping tabs on what he calls "good hits."
Clay Matthews blew past Brent Celek off the line of scrimmage, pushed aside Winston Justice and sprinted after Kevin Kolb, chasing the quarterback across the field before catching him from behind and driving him hard into the turf.
The defending champion Saints will have to try to repeat without their top two power running backs.
Football gave NBC a welcome kick last week.
Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is unlikely to play against the Dallas Cowboys after he missed a second straight day of practice Friday.
Michael Vick missed practice Thursday because of a leg injury and is unlikely to play Sunday when the Eagles host Dallas.
With 2010 drawing to a close, the American moment is ending not with a bang but a whimper. The 2000s will be remembered as the era of American decline.