- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Philadelphia Flyers Items
The Capitals have had an affiliation with the Reading Royals for the past two seasons. That will change next season.
Ron Hextall got his "dream job."
Nashville Predators coach Peter Laviolette already has brought the Stanley Cup to the South before and is eager to try to do it again.
The Flyers reportedly denied teams from interviewing Hextall, instead elevating him to general manager, where he'll replace Paul Holmgren, who assumes the role of team president.
He coached Carolina to a Stanley Cup in 2006 and took Philadelphia to the Stanley Cup finals in 2010. He was fired in October after the Flyers lost their first three games of the season.
The Nashville Predators wanted experience and a proven winner as their new head coach, and general manager David Poile believes that's what they got in hiring Peter Laviolette - just the second coach in the franchise's history.
Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Ryan Getzlaf of the Anaheim Ducks and Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers are finalists for the Ted Lindsay Award.
The Flyers turned the worst start in team history into a playoff berth. They forced Game 7 after a 3-2 series deficit.
Daniel Carcillo sat on the sidelines for two games, waiting for his next chance to help the New York Rangers' playoff drive.