- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Philadelphia Flyers Items
Alex Ovechkin was hoping to have dinner with former teammate Alex Semin. Concussion symptoms kept Semin in North Carolina.
Breaking down this week's Associated Press college basketball poll:
What will the Caps do with Marty Erat and Dmitry Orlov? Can they package them for a top four defenseman? Our answers.
Almost a quarter of the way through the 2013-14 season, things haven't worked out as expected. Most of the teams in the new eight-team Metropolitan Division have spent the first seven weeks of the season floundering.
Steve Oleksy won his first championship there. Troy Brouwer played his first playoff series there. Alex Ovechkin is facing one of Russia's greatest players. Tune in to Caps-Red Wings now!
Four days after it happened, it is still sickening to watch the beatdown that Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Ray Emery gave Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby Friday night in the midst of the Capitals 7-0 beatdown of the Flyers at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
Joel Ward scored three goals for his first NHL hat trick in the fight-filled outburst. Ward's linemate, Jason Chimera, added a goal and three assists, and Nicklas Backstrom and Mikhail Grabovski each had three points.
Assistant Craig Berube, in his seventh season with the organization, will take over as coach. He is the Flyers' 18th coach in team history.