- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
Latest Philadelphia Flyers Items
The Capitals have had an affiliation with the Reading Royals for the past two seasons. That will change next season.
Ron Hextall got his "dream job."
Nashville Predators coach Peter Laviolette already has brought the Stanley Cup to the South before and is eager to try to do it again.
The Flyers reportedly denied teams from interviewing Hextall, instead elevating him to general manager, where he'll replace Paul Holmgren, who assumes the role of team president.
He coached Carolina to a Stanley Cup in 2006 and took Philadelphia to the Stanley Cup finals in 2010. He was fired in October after the Flyers lost their first three games of the season.
The Nashville Predators wanted experience and a proven winner as their new head coach, and general manager David Poile believes that's what they got in hiring Peter Laviolette - just the second coach in the franchise's history.
Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Ryan Getzlaf of the Anaheim Ducks and Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers are finalists for the Ted Lindsay Award.
The Flyers turned the worst start in team history into a playoff berth. They forced Game 7 after a 3-2 series deficit.
Daniel Carcillo sat on the sidelines for two games, waiting for his next chance to help the New York Rangers' playoff drive.