- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Philadelphia Flyers Items
The only Stanley Cup photos at the Flyers practice rink were from the 1970s. The locker room walls in their home arena were spotless. The mood was a bit reserved.
Tim Thomas came out of playoff hibernation and played better than any goalie this season. Now, he'll try to be just as sharp in the postseason for the Boston Bruins.
Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger is a gameday decision for Game 1 against the Buffalo Sabres. Flyers captain Mike Richards also skipped practice the day before the postseason opener.
Chris Pronger was in typical form, smiling, joking and giving vague answers.
Capsules of NHL Eastern Conference first-round series:
After being bounced by the Boston Bruins in their first-round matchup last year, the Buffalo Sabres learned there's no guarantees come playoff time. That's why the team is focusing on what they need to do better this year against the Philadelphia Flyers in order to not have history repeat itself.
The Buffalo Sabres enter the NHL postseason with some lingering injury issues.
Rewind two seasons and there were the Capitals, a young team trying to win the franchise's first playoff series in 11 years. After two games at home, they were down 2-0, and then 3-1 after four. But they still managed to come all the way back to beat the New York Rangers.
Jacques Lemaire's exit was hardly unexpected. The Chicago Blackhawks' near departure was almost a much bigger stunner.