- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Philadelphia Major League Soccer Team
Latest Philadelphia Major League Soccer Team Items
The Portland Timbers were the surprise of Major League Soccer last season under first-year coach Caleb Porter. Playing what fans dubbed "Porterball," the team finished atop the Western Conference standings and advanced to the conference finals.
Midfielder Vincent Nogueira signed with Major League Soccer's Philadelphia Union in a transfer from the French club Sochaux.
Maurice Edu is the latest U.S. national team player to return to Major League Soccer,
D.C. United was slotted to pick No. 1 in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft but they traded that pick to the Philadelphia Union for the No. 2 pick where they selected Cal defender Steven Birnbaum.
United had the first pick in Thursday's SuperDraft, but made a trade with the Union to take University of California defender Steven Birnbaum second overall.
D.C. United traded defender Ethan White and the top allocation ranking to the Philadelphia Union for defender Jeff Parke and the sixth allocation ranking.
The clubs Tuesday also swapped spots in the MLS allocation ranking, with the Union moving up to No. 1 and United down to No. 6. That will give Philadelphia first dibs on the next U.S. national team player to sign with the league.
D.C. United have traded defender Ethan White to the Philadelphia Union for defender Jeff Parke.
A few minutes before the first explosion near the Boston Marathon finish line, Matt Reis and his 7-year-old son had moved to another spot.