- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Philadelphia Orchestra Items
The Philadelphia Orchestra is bringing Pinocchio and other beloved cartoon characters to life for an audience of children.
German conductor Wolfgang Sawallisch, acclaimed for his musical brilliance and unpretentious leadership of the Bavarian State Opera and the Philadelphia Orchestra, has died. He was 89.
A century after Leopold Stokowski took the reins of The Philadelphia Orchestra, a history detective set on his trail has tracked down rarely-seen correspondence and belongings of the conductor affectionately known as "Stoki."
The Philly Pops on Tuesday announced the successor to artistic director and founding conductor Peter Nero, who will step down in 2013 after more than three decades as the group's leader and most recognizable face.
The Philadelphia Orchestra is out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
A judge has approved the Philadelphia Orchestra's bankruptcy reorganization plan, ending more than a year of uncertainty about the renowned symphony's future.
The Philadelphia Orchestra will travel to China next month for a packed schedule of concerts in four cities, master classes, cultural exchange forums and community outreach.
The Philadelphia Orchestra is traveling to China next month for a packed schedule of concerts in four cities, master classes, cultural exchange forums and community outreach.
The Philadelphia Orchestra says it has reached a settlement with the national pension fund representing musicians for the financially struggling organization.