- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
Latest Philadelphia Orchestra Items
The Philadelphia Orchestra is bringing Pinocchio and other beloved cartoon characters to life for an audience of children.
German conductor Wolfgang Sawallisch, acclaimed for his musical brilliance and unpretentious leadership of the Bavarian State Opera and the Philadelphia Orchestra, has died. He was 89.
A century after Leopold Stokowski took the reins of The Philadelphia Orchestra, a history detective set on his trail has tracked down rarely-seen correspondence and belongings of the conductor affectionately known as "Stoki."
The Philly Pops on Tuesday announced the successor to artistic director and founding conductor Peter Nero, who will step down in 2013 after more than three decades as the group's leader and most recognizable face.
The Philadelphia Orchestra is out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
A judge has approved the Philadelphia Orchestra's bankruptcy reorganization plan, ending more than a year of uncertainty about the renowned symphony's future.
The Philadelphia Orchestra will travel to China next month for a packed schedule of concerts in four cities, master classes, cultural exchange forums and community outreach.
The Philadelphia Orchestra is traveling to China next month for a packed schedule of concerts in four cities, master classes, cultural exchange forums and community outreach.
The Philadelphia Orchestra says it has reached a settlement with the national pension fund representing musicians for the financially struggling organization.