- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Mad dash for Nome: Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
Latest Philadelphia Phillies Items
Elton Brand signed with Philadelphia in 2008 just in time to see the city's Arena Football League team win a championship.
San Francisco won another thriller, again with help from some shaky Atlanta defense, and the Giants are off to the NL championship series for the first time since 2002.
Cole Hamels struck out nine in a dominant five-hitter, Chase Utley homered and the Philadelphia Phillies advanced to the NL championship series for the third consecutive season, beating the Cincinnati Reds 2-0 on Sunday night to complete a first-round sweep.
Andy Pettitte gave the New York Yankees yet another clutch performance in the postseason, pitching seven smooth innings in a 5-2 victory over the Minnesota Twins on Thursday evening in Game 2 of their AL division series.
Don Larsen was watching the news Wednesday night when he saw an item of particular interest.
Roy Halladay has thrown the second no-hitter in postseason history, leading the Philadelphia Phillies over the Cincinnati Reds 4-0 in Game 1 of the NL division series on Wednesday.
A flurry of tiebreakers, that might've been fun for fans. For the San Francisco Giants and Atlanta Braves, a guaranteed spot in the playoffs was just fine.
A half-dozen Giants players gathered around general manager Brian Sabean, pinned him in a clubhouse corner and doused him in beer and champagne.