- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Philadelphia
A Philadelphia judge Wednesday ordered an immediate trial for abortion clinic doctor Kermit Gosnell, his wife and eight employees on murder, conspiracy and other charges.
What do Fred Astaire, the hamburger, Gypsy Rose Lee and the Liberty Bell have in common? According to Yale University Press, they're all American icons and, as such, the focal points for a series of short books "about American history and culture through the lens of a single iconic individual, event, object, or cultural phenomenon."