- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Philip Stewart
A woman was killed Monday morning when she stepped in front of a Metro train at the Ballston Metro Station, officials said.
A man was treated for multiple injuries after intentionally trying to jump in front of an Metro train going toward Shady Grove at Union Station Monday morning, officials said.
Ambulances transported eight people to hospitals for minor injuries after a van struck a Metrobus in Northwest Wednesday morning, authorities said.
A broken piece of Metro escalator injured five people Tuesday, sending several commuters to the hospital and setting off conflicting stories between transit officials and witnesses about what caused the early morning mayhem.
Metro implemented speed restrictions Tuesday afternoon because of an increased risk of heat-warped tracks, causing delays through rush hour, into the evening and possibly into Wednesday as temperatures climb.
Full service on Metro's Green Line was restored in time for the Monday morning commute after a train derailment on Friday.
In an effort to ease both customer travel and Metro's operations, the transit agency is promoting the use of SmarTrip cards and installing new flat-screen monitors with updated travel information in 75 stations by the end of this fall.
As of 12:30 p.m., rescue personnel were still on the scene trying to recover the woman's body, Metro spokesman Philip Stewart said.
Officials expect single track service to resume shortly between the stations, Mr. Stewart said.