- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Philippines Items
Air Force Gen. Herbert J. "Hawk" Carlisle, commander of the Pacific Air Forces, recently outlined his service's role in the Pentagon shift to Asia, known as both the "pivot" and Air Sea Battle, a concept to counter China's high-tech weapons.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will depart Thursday on a tour of Southeast Asia to meet with U.S. allies increasingly concerned over China's aggressive pursuit of its maritime territorial claims.
The death count from a ferry that crashed and sunk off the coast of the Philippines hit 52 on Monday, as emergency responders found more bodies and brought them to shore.
Coast guard officials said at least 39 died and more than 80 were missing in the latest deadly sea accident in the Philippines, which happened 570 kilometers (350 miles) south of Manila.
A People's Liberation Army major general said recently that Taiwan should abandon the U.S. as its main weapons supplier and buy arms from Beijing instead.
Everywhere we look, we see evidence of China's increasing aggressiveness.
Leading financial figures in the Philippines promised on Friday that the government was on track to growing its economy to the point of halving the nation's poverty, by 2015.
Southeast Asian diplomats have not abandoned hope that this week's annual Asian security summit will provide a chance for North Korea and its neighbors to discuss restarting long-dormant disarmament talks on Pyongyang's nuclear weapons program, according to a joint statement released Sunday.
The metrosexual trend is blooming in the Philippines, where male cosmetics, male beauty treatments and male spas are hitting market highs.