- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Physician
A physician is a health care provider who practices the profession of medicine, which is concerned with promoting, maintaining or restoring human health through the study, diagnosis, and treatment of disease, injury and other physical and mental impairments. They may focus their practice on certain disease categories, types of patients or methods of treatment - known as specialist medical practitioners - or assume responsibility for the provision of continuing and comprehensive medical care to individuals, families and communities - known as general practitioners. Medical practice properly requires both a detailed knowledge of the academic disciplines (such as anatomy and physiology) underlying diseases and their treatment — the science of medicine — and also a decent competence in its applied practice — the art or craft of medicine. - Source: Wikipedia
Four affiliated abortion clinics in Maryland were shut down and three doctors had their licenses suspended after a patient died at one clinic and regulators found negligence at all four.
Deborah Simmons rightly indicts the state of Pennsylvania for letting the house of horrors operated by abortionist Kermit Gosnell in Philadelphia continue for decades ("A doctor with a perverted view of life and death," Web, April 17).
Maryland's health department has drafted new regulations for clinics where surgical abortions are performed, after a woman required emergency surgery following an abortion performed by an unlicensed doctor at an Elkton clinic last year.