- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Pierre Garcon Items
For the second straight game Robert Griffin III and the Redskins fell short. This time it came on an inexplicable pass by the second year quarterback.
Redskins veteran Trent Williams said after Sunday's 24-16 loss to the Eagles that he was verbally harassed by an official toward the end of the first half.
Only once this season has the highly productive Alfred Morris averaged less than four yards per carry. That came against the Eagles in Week 1. Now comes the rematch.
The Redskins and Robert Griffin III found a way to escape the Chargers in overtime and keep the season from tumbling into oblivion. But the quarterback's up-and-down second season continued. The now-familiar cocktail of overthrown passes and hell-bent runs and plays made when they mattered most mixed together again in another reminder of the bumpy path of developing young quarterbacks.
One week after expressing frustration about his team's struggles in the passing game, Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon had a career day in a victory over the San Diego Chargers.
Griffin has had his moments this season, but his accuracy throwing the ball has clearly regressed. He completed just 15 of 30 passes for 132 yards against Denver with two interceptions. Griffin has completed just 59 percent of his 268 attempts this season. That ranks 25th in the NFL. Griffin's passer rating is 79.2. That is 21st.
Griffin was smashed to the turf by nose tackle Terrance Knighton and lay injured for several minutes. He eventually walked off the field under his own power, but only after his left knee had caught in the turf with 5:43 to go.
Griffin ran for 77 yards against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night. It was more than his combined yardage through the first four weeks of the season (72). Expect to see more of that starting this Sunday against the Chicago Bears as the quarterback continues to progress from January knee surgery.
In a game Washington absolutely had to have against Oakland, LeonardHankerson made his contribution. A key catch in the third-quarter was one of his four receptions on the day and set up the go-ahead score on a touchdown pass to Pierre Garcon. The Redskins were down 14-10 at the time.