- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Planned Parenthood Items
The winners in last week's battle between the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation and Planned Parenthood have discarded the pretense of a noble dedication to women's health and revealed their sole interest: abortion.
The vice president of public policy at Susan G. Komen for the Cure who backed the breast cancer charity's move to strip Planned Parenthood of funding resigned Tuesday, saying the now-abandoned decision "has unfortunately been turned into something about politics."
An executive at the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast cancer charity resigned Tuesday over her support to strip Planned Parenthood of funding, but disputed that she was the driving force behind the decision that created a firestorm of criticism last week.
Across the country, angry emails bombard official Girl Scout computers. In Northern Virginia, a Catholic church bans the Scouts from meeting on its property. An Idaho television station reports that a "rumor" about a Girl Scout-Planned Parenthood alliance is disrupting this year's cookie sales.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure on Friday abandoned plans to eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood. The dramatic retreat followed a three-day furor that resounded across the Internet, in Congress and — perhaps most tellingly — among Komen affiliates who openly rebelled, suggesting the leadership had bowed to anti-abortion pressure.
For leaders of the nation's pre-eminent breast-cancer charity, it was a firestorm they didn't see coming _ and couldn't withstand.
To many people, breast cancer screening means a mammogram. But for millions of poor, mostly young women who visit Planned Parenthood, it is usually just a physical exam by the only health professional they may ever see.
Breast cancer research foundation Susan G. Komen for the Cure reversed on Friday its decision to defund Planned Parenthood after a three-day uproar that saw the foundation come under intense political pressure by pro-choice advocates.