- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
Topic - Plenette Pierson
Coming off a nine-day layoff, New York struggled with rust and last-place Washington before making enough big plays down the stretch to pull out another win.
"We've got a great mix here," Pierson said. "It'll help the rookies and younger players come along a lot faster, and also help us. We know that some of us are aging and not capable of doing the same things we used to do, maybe not at the same speed, so to have those young rookie players that can go in there and go, it adds a little mix for other teams to stay on their heels."
Cappie Pondexter scored 21 points and Plenette Pierson added 20 for New York (12-9), which lost for the fourth time in 12 games.