- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
Latest Poland Items
In messages to both residents of Poland and Bergamo, Pope Francis conveyed his gratitude for Bl. John Paul II and John XXIII, saying that their holiness continues to inspire the Church today.
House Speaker John Boehner said Thursday that allies of the United States want America to show strong leadership globally, and that he wants some of his congressional colleagues to stop shying away from immigration reform.
The president of the Polish Football Association says it is withdrawing its bid to host the 2020 European Championship.
These are the finalists in a 9 million euro city-innovation contest sponsored by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg:
The United States is considering deploying about 150 soldiers for military exercises to begin in Poland and Estonia in the next few weeks, a Western official said Saturday. The exercises would follow Russia's buildup of forces near its border with Ukraine and its annexation last month of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
The Pentagon will begin shipping nonlethal military aid to Ukraine and extend the deployment of fighter jets providing security to Poland in response to what Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel called Russia's "dangerously irresponsible" actions.
A squadron of fighter jets that shipped out to Poland in March at the height of Russia's aggressive efforts to separate the Crimea peninsula from Ukraine will remain in the country until the end of the year.
Bl. John Paul II’s key role in the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact can be attributed to his vision of the human being, informed by personalism and the Catholic faith.
An 18th-century painting looted by the Nazis for Adolf Hitler's 'Fuehrer Museum' was handed back to Poland on Monday, a move Germany hopes will revive thorny talks over a vast trove of historical documents that Berlin wants to recover from Poland.