- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Politics Items
President Obama has cast himself as the leader of a global coalition opposed to Russian aggression in Ukraine, but it's not clear exactly where he is leading it.
Lawmakers who began unraveling the details Tuesday of Gov. Bobby Jindal's $25 billion budget proposal learned they have more shortfalls to address this year before they piece together next year's spending plans.
Money does buy more clout in Washington — or at least more returned phone calls, according to an ingenious new study released Tuesday.
A summary of action in the Alabama Legislature on Tuesday, the 23rd meeting day of the regular session:
Six former legislators filed Tuesday as candidates for the New Mexico House, setting up rematches from the 2012 primary and general elections.
Legislation that would require any data collected under Tennessee's Common Core standards only be used to track the academic progress and needs of students has passed the House.
Republican David Jolly wins Fla. congressional special election in test race over health care.
Sixteen members of the Oregon Legislature aren't seeking re-election. Two will face primary challengers. And 24 won't have any opponent at all in the primary or general election.
The Wisconsin Senate has moved close to passing a bill that would limit parents' liability for young drivers.