- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Port Royal
Port Royal was a city located at the end of the Palisadoes at the mouth of the Kingston Harbour, in southeastern Jamaica. Founded in 1518, it was the centre of shipping commerce in the Caribbean Sea during the latter half of the 17th century. It was destroyed by an earthquake in 1692 and subsequent fires, hurricanes, flooding, epidemics and another earthquake in 1907. - Source: Wikipedia
A 20-year-old guided-missile cruiser will join two other ships in "laid up" status at Pearl Harbor.
Trailing by four shots with 10 holes to play, Scott pulled ahead of his good friend Justin Rose for the first time with a 6-iron that settled inches from the cup on the par-5 17th for a tap-in eagle. Rose pulled his approach and had to settle for par.
Archaeologists said Tuesday that they'll ask the United Nations' cultural agency to bestow world heritage status on Port Royal, the mostly submerged remains of a historic Jamaican port known as the "wickedest city on Earth" more than three centuries ago.
Generally speaking, the weekend outlook for local anglers of all stripes appears to be good in spite of renewed rains in some areas. Much of the precipitation has been strongly localized. For example, a cloudburst in parts of Frederick County on Tuesday muddied a Potomac feeder. But the Monocacy, the waters above the rain-soaked area, was in good enough shape for smallmouth bass fishermen. In fact, the Washington County portions have given up good numbers of bass, even a few heavy walleyes.
We have mostly good news for weekend anglers in the Washington area. The heavy rains that fell throughout the region, which ruined many basements and even house foundations, are quickly receding and clearing. Even the mountainous portions of the Potomac, Rappahannock and James rivers will be very fishable in a day or two. In fact, you could visit them now and probably hook a few smallmouth bass. On Wednesday, the Point of Rocks section of the upper Potomac stood at a little over three feet. It had been as high as nine feet last week.