- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Portland Timbers
After missing his team's final soccer game last season because of cancer treatment, 8-year-old Atticus Lane-Dupre made sure his teammates were in on his wish to scrimmage against the Portland Timbers.
The MLS game between the Portland Timbers and D.C. United on Saturday has been postponed because of Hurricane Irene.
Perry Kitchen stood in the D.C. United locker room Saturday night shaking his head in disbelief.
The top three teams in each of Major League Soccer's two conference will be joined in the playoffs this fall by the next four teams with the highest point totals.
Goalkeeper Kasey Keller will retire after the 2011 season, his 23rd in professional soccer.