- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
Latest Portugal Items
The USMNT is hanging on in the Group of Death, but they face tough Portugal team on Sunday that could give them a lot of problems.
With Jozy Altidore officially out against Portugal, will Aron Johannsson or Chris Wondolowski take his place?
Aron Johannsson replaced Altidore for the second half against Ghana. Chris Wondolowski is the other striker in the squad who could join Clint Dempsey in the attack.
Altidore is one of only three or four U.S. players who can truly be considered indispensable. With 23 international goals, his scoring prowess will be missed. And one can argue his physicality is even more critical.
The United States begin their World Cup quest against a familiar foe in Ghana.
Portugal was reduced to 10 men when Pepe was red carded in the 37th minute for apparently head-butting Mueller as the German player sat on the ground.
When Paulo Bento was hired to salvage Portugal's calamitous qualifying campaign for the 2012 European Championship, he had only four years of experience as a top-flight coach and had quit Sporting Lisbon after failing to win a league match in two months.
Iran coach Carlos Queiroz already has plenty of World Cup experience, and the country's national team will be hoping to make the most of it in Brazil.
Portugal has long been admired for producing talented players, and their flair has earned them the tag of "the Brazilians of Europe."