- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Portugal Items
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti expects Cristiano Ronaldo to be available for the Copa del Rey semifinal on Wednesday despite the threat of a four-game ban.
January's onslaught of Copa del Rey games has finally yielded semifinal brackets, with Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid facing off in a crosstown derby and Barcelona playing Real Sociedad in the two-leg matches.
Sporting Lisbon was held to a 0-0 draw by Academica at home on Sunday, missing a chance to join Benfica at the top of the Portuguese league standings.
Substitute Oscar Cardozo marked his return from a back injury with a forgettable finale after failing on a late penalty for 10-man Benfica to draw 1-1 at Gil Vicente in the Portuguese league on Saturday.
Benfica says it has sold the rights to players Rodrigo Machado and Andrew Gomes to a private investment fund for a sum of 45 million euros ($60 million).
Radamel Falcao has left hospital in northern Portugal after successfully undergoing surgery on a torn ligament in his left knee.
The lineup for the 2014 Miami International Film Festival has been announced.
Nike and the South African Football Association announced a five-year sponsorship deal Tuesday which sees the American sportswear label replace German manufacturer Puma as kit supplier to the struggling former World Cup host.
The Ghana Football Association says the Black Stars will play the Netherlands in a pre-World Cup friendly in Rotterdam on May 31.