- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Portugal Items
The doctor who operated on the left knee of Colombia star Radamel Falcao says the striker is recovering quickly and has a 55-percent chance of playing in the World Cup in just over four months.
Legal experts and religious freedom advocates are widely critical of a British magistrate who summoned LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson to a London court. It is highly unlikely he'd need to go, they said, and the case raises broader questions.
The U.S. women's soccer team will play Japan, Sweden and Denmark in Group B of the Algarve Cup in Portugal next month.
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been banned for three Spanish league games for receiving a red card and then making a mocking gesture toward the match officials in a game at Athletic Bilbao.
Experts believe the biggest wave ever surfed my now belong to British surfer Andrew Cotton. After conquering what many believe was a 78-80 foot wave in Nazare, Portugal, on Sunday, photographic evidence now heads to a judging committee at Billabong.
Cash-strapped Portugal's attempt to raise money by selling a prized Joan Miro art collection has fallen foul of a late legal wrangle as startling as one of the Spanish artist's works.
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti expects Cristiano Ronaldo to be available for the Copa del Rey semifinal on Wednesday despite the threat of a four-game ban.
January's onslaught of Copa del Rey games has finally yielded semifinal brackets, with Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid facing off in a crosstown derby and Barcelona playing Real Sociedad in the two-leg matches.
Sporting Lisbon was held to a 0-0 draw by Academica at home on Sunday, missing a chance to join Benfica at the top of the Portuguese league standings.