- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Post Office Items
Donald Trump is barred from providing any space inside the Old Post Office building for a male revue, a condom store or — heaven forbid — dentists who work on credit, under terms of one of the most talked-about federal real estate deals in years.
Setting the mail free would lower its cost
"Twelve years ago this month, nearly 3,000 innocent men, women, and children lost their lives in attacks meant to terrorize our nation. … On Sept. 11, 2001, amid shattered glass, twisted steel, and clouds of dust, the spirit of America shone through. We remember the sacrifice of strangers and first responders who rushed into darkness to carry others from danger. We remember the unbreakable bonds of unity we felt in the long days that followed." — from President Obama's proclamation issued Tuesday, recognizing the anniversary of 9/11.
Arizona authorities say a package addressed to Sheriff Joe Arpaio would have exploded if opened, leading to serious injuries or death.
Conservatism is fundamentally and unyieldingly at war with poverty and disorder. At its core, conservatism seeks not just to alleviate these social problems, but to wage an aggressive war against them.
D.C. officials are requiring Donald Trump's organization to pay millions in local property taxes to redevelop the Old Post Office Pavilion into a luxury hotel.
The government owns thousands of federally-owned, historic structures across the nation. Maintaining those buildings, however, presents costly problems as diverse as the structures themselves.
Only in America can a president who inherits a deep recession and whose policies have actually made the effects of that recession worse get re-elected. Only in America can a president get re-elected who wants the bureaucrats who can't run the Post Office to micromanage the administration of every American's health care. Only in America can a president who kills Americans overseas who have never been charged or convicted of a crime get re-elected. Only in America can a president who borrowed and spent more than $5 trillion in fewer than four years, plans to repay none of it, and promises to borrow another $5 trillion in his second term, get re-elected.
Developers of active-adult communities, which are restricted to homeowners age 55 or older, have researched the desires of this age group and discovered they are eager to move into homes with fewer home-maintenance chores. In addition, active-adult buyers want to live close to their friends and family members, to cultural or volunteer opportunities, and be able to walk to stores to meet their daily needs.