- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Prince Items
In the past few days, the Washington Nationals have been busy with housekeeping. They've extended Gio Gonzalez, given hefty raises to Jordan Zimmermann and Tyler Clippard in their first years of arbitration, and boosted the salaries of lefty Tom Gorzelanny and catcher Jesus Flores with modest raises as well.
A publicist says $5 million was raised in Los Angeles for actor Sean Penn's humanitarian group based in Haiti.
Haitians are marking the second anniversary of the devastating 2010 earthquake with church services throughout the deeply religious country.
Michael Jackson's three children will sink their father's shoes and sequined glove into the cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre, a storied Hollywood cinema and tourist site, organizers said Thursday.
For coach Bill Snyder's second Wildcat turnaround and 11th-ranked Kansas State's surprising season, the Cotton Bowl is an appropriate ending.
The Washington Nationals and Prince Fielder. Prince Fielder and the Washington Nationals. With each day that ends with the slugging first baseman still on the free agent market, the assumption grows that when it comes to Fielder and the Nationals the question is not if, but when? And for how much?
General manager Mike Rizzo has spent much of the past few weeks dispelling the constant speculation that ties the Washington Nationals to free agent slugger Prince Fielder.
Virginia lawmakers take up voter ID laws; Occupy D.C. at crossroad; D.C. Council to New Hampshire; Slots in Prince George's face challenges; New Jersey appears ahead of D.C. in I-gaming race; D.C. Council chairman to preview 2012 legislation; Public hearings set on Virginia budget; Paul's Virginia campaign headquarters will be in Norfolk.
Terry Hawthorne returned an interception 39 yards for Illinois' first touchdown late in the third quarter and the Illini snapped a six-game losing streak by beating UCLA 20-14 in the Fight Hunger Bowl.