- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Princeton
In recent years, the American left has increasingly styled itself "progressive." This trend reflects the public repudiation of the moniker "liberal" -- a term U.S. social democrats had previously expropriated and shorn of its original commitment to economic liberty -- but also harkens back to the early-20th century Progressive Movement that sought to expand the federal government's role vis-a-vis the states, businesses and individuals.
Now the real fun begins. Assuming that the debt deal has been effectively sealed — and this looked like a large assumption on the eve of the vote — all that's left is deciding who won the fight over raising the debt limit.
Groupon's online coupons save people cash, but they're not always great deals for merchants. Some businesses complain that bargain hunters rarely return after scoring a cheap meal or massage.
Marcus Jordan scored 22 of his 26 points in the second half to help No. 19 Central Florida rally to a 68-62 win over Princeton in the final of the UCF Holiday Classic.
Harvard pulled ahead of Ivy League rival Princeton in the latest edition of the influential U.S. News & World Report university rankings, while a stronger emphasis on graduation rates drove other changes in the Top 10.
THE RELUCTANT FUNDAMENTALIST
"You seem worried," he tells the American early on. "Do not be; this burly fellow is merely your waiter, and there is no need to reach under your jacket, I assume to grasp your wallet, as we will pay him later, when we are done."
Recounting the moment he saw it on television, Changez tells his American listener, "And then I smiled.