- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Progress Energy Inc
:For the unrelated company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, see Progress Energy Resources.Progress Energy (NYSE: PGN), headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., is a Fortune 500 energy company with more than 21,000 megawatts of generation capacity and $9 billion in annual revenues. Progress Energy includes two major electric utilities that serve approximately 3.1 million customers in the Carolinas and Florida. Progress Energy celebrated a century of service in 2008. The company's chairman and CEO is William D. Johnson; his predecessor was Mr. Bob McGehee, who died on October 9, 2007 at the age of 64 of a stroke while on a business trip to London. - Source: Wikipedia
A Washington lobbyist who was the wife of a White House adviser was found dead inside a burning car in Southeast Washington on Monday.
Duke Energy Corp. is buying Progress Energy Inc. for more than $13 billion in stock in a deal that would create the utility with the most customers in the U.S.
A lobbyist for Progress Energy married to an aide to President Obama was found dead in a car fire at her home near the U.S. Capitol, fire authorities and the company said Monday.