- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Progressive Change Campaign Committee
Latest Progressive Change Campaign Committee Items
The Democratic rift over entitlements deepened this week as a top party contender for governor in Pennsylvania came under fire from liberals after a think tank of which she is co-chairwoman criticized economic-populism messages of Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and New York Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio.
President Obama blurred his own "red line" on Syria's chemical weapons, saying the ultimatum belonged to the world. On the international stage, Iran indicated that it might unleash Hezbollah or possibly kidnap Americans if the president ordered military strikes on Syria. Here's a recap, or wrap, of the week that was from The Washington Times
Left out of President Obama’s State of the Union address Tuesday night was any mention of shoring up Social Security or Medicaid — two of the three entitlement programs that will drive the growth of federal debt over the coming decades.
Liberal groups have launched twin online petitions aimed at pressuring Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick to temporarily name former Rep. Barney Frank to Sen. John F. Kerry's seat if Mr. Kerry is confirmed as secretary of state.
Republicans said Wednesday it's now Democrats' turn to feel the heat of trying to work out a budget deal.
After being knocked for sitting on the sidelines, Democrats nationally are ramping up fundraising efforts in a bid to oust Gov. Scott Walker, Wisconsin Republican, in a recall election next week.
Before he left town for the holidays, President Obama hinted at opportunities for both showdowns and collaboration with the GOP in the new Congress — but as he prepares to seek re-election, his own base is telling him they need to see him rumble rather than dance with Republicans.
It was all about journalistic ethics. Sure.
MSNBC says Keith Olbermann will be back on the air Tuesday, ending his suspension for violating NBC's rules against making political donations after two shows.