- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Providence Items
A court officer is killed by a bus, a lawsuit alleges many neighborhoods in Providence face discrimination in mortgage lending and the first lady plans a trip to the state. Here are five things to know in Rhode Island:
A prominent real estate developer accused of bribing North Providence councilmen asked a federal judge Friday to dismiss the charges against him and his company, saying prosecutors treated him unfairly.
The prosecution has wrapped up its embezzlement case against a former Rhode Island lawmaker.
The city of Providence filed suit Thursday against Santander Bank alleging the institution engaged in discriminatory lending practices.
Emma Watson had an undercover armed guard with her during graduation ceremonies at Brown University, and a university spokesman says he is unable to answer questions about why.
As a group of children walked home together from school in Providence, they held hands and played the "I Spy" guessing game. When they reached a busy intersection, an adult accompanying them prodded, "What's the rule?"
Wife: Don Levine, Hasbro exec who helped develop GI Joe as world's 1st action figure, dies.
Donald Levine, the Hasbro executive credited as the father of G.I. Joe for developing the world's first action figure, has died. He was 86.
The new House speaker takes a position on paying back 38 Studios bonds, investigators look for some unusual help in the Aaron Hernandez double murder case and a corruption case gets a hearing in federal court. Here are five things to know in Rhode Island: