- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Public School Items
As the new school year launches, many parents with kids in public schools are inevitably asked to make a “voluntary” donation in order to offset costs for supplies or supplemental instruction.
Public School 244 in the Flushing section of New York's Queens borough has gone vegan — the first public school in the nation to serve only vegetarian meals for breakfast and lunch.
New York City investigators are looking into 21 cases of ethical misconduct on the annual schools survey from 2013, Education Department officials said Friday.
The New York City financial services firm that lost the most workers in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001 announced that it will "adopt" 19 schools in communities hit hard by Superstorm Sandy and give a total of $10 million to families with children in those schools.
America has become the great nation it is because of its traditions, its values and its constitutional foundations. It is also great because, though the Constitution does not specifically mention it, the people decided at one point to make a priority out of giving every child access to education.
Commuters streaming into New York City on Monday endured long waits and crowded trains, giving the recovering transit system a stress test a week after superstorm Sandy ravaged the eastern third of the country, with New York and New Jersey bearing the brunt of the destruction.
Opera superstar Placido Domingo is getting ready to conduct 35 New York City schoolchildren who are studying music five days a week under a program inspired by Venezuela's acclaimed youth orchestra program, El Sistema.
The son of the distributor for the Oscar-winning film "The King's Speech" is among four teenagers who have been arrested on arson charges in a fire at a New York City schoolyard.