- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
Latest Public School Items
As the new school year launches, many parents with kids in public schools are inevitably asked to make a “voluntary” donation in order to offset costs for supplies or supplemental instruction.
Public School 244 in the Flushing section of New York's Queens borough has gone vegan — the first public school in the nation to serve only vegetarian meals for breakfast and lunch.
New York City investigators are looking into 21 cases of ethical misconduct on the annual schools survey from 2013, Education Department officials said Friday.
The New York City financial services firm that lost the most workers in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001 announced that it will "adopt" 19 schools in communities hit hard by Superstorm Sandy and give a total of $10 million to families with children in those schools.
America has become the great nation it is because of its traditions, its values and its constitutional foundations. It is also great because, though the Constitution does not specifically mention it, the people decided at one point to make a priority out of giving every child access to education.
Commuters streaming into New York City on Monday endured long waits and crowded trains, giving the recovering transit system a stress test a week after superstorm Sandy ravaged the eastern third of the country, with New York and New Jersey bearing the brunt of the destruction.
Opera superstar Placido Domingo is getting ready to conduct 35 New York City schoolchildren who are studying music five days a week under a program inspired by Venezuela's acclaimed youth orchestra program, El Sistema.
The son of the distributor for the Oscar-winning film "The King's Speech" is among four teenagers who have been arrested on arson charges in a fire at a New York City schoolyard.