- Iran touts new laser that bolsters missile accuracy
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Publix
Publix Super Markets, Inc. (commonly known as Publix) is an American supermarket chain based in Lakeland, Florida. - Source: Wikipedia
Visit the beaches on this Gulf Coast barrier island, and you're likely to see people doing the "Sanibel Stoop." That's the term for the bent-at-the-waist posture used to collect seashells on Sanibel Island, Fla., which bills itself as one of the best shelling locations in the world.
Expect to pay more for pecan pie this Thanksgiving, thanks to drought in parts of the South and soaring demand from China and other Asian markets.
Authorities say two people have died in a plane crash in the Alaska wilderness, and four others aboard the small aircraft survived.