- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Puerto Rico Police Department
The Puerto Rico Police Department (Policía de Puerto Rico), better known in Puerto Rico as La Uniformada ("The Uniformed"), is the police force of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, with island-wide jurisdiction. The Uniformada is also one of two investigative arms of many of Puerto Rico's municipal police forces, the other one being the Puerto Rico Bureau of Special Investigations, a branch of the Department of Justice of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. The headquarters of La Uniformada are located at the Cuartel General (General Station House), 601 Franklin D. Roosevelt Avenue, Hato Rey, Puerto Rico. - Source: Wikipedia
A three-year Justice Department investigation says the Puerto Rico Police Department engaged in a "pattern and practice of misconduct" that violated the Constitution and federal law, including the use of unnecessarily excessive and deadly force and unconstitutional stops, searches and arrests.
The Puerto Rico Police Department engaged in a "pattern and practice of misconduct" that included the use of excessive and deadly force and unconstitutional stops, searches and arrests, a three-year Justice Department investigation has concluded.