- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Puerto Rico Items
The novel "The Rum Diary" was a bit of juvenilia written and shopped around unsuccessfully by Hunter S. Thompson before his career as a political journalist caught fire. Set around 1960, it tells the story of Paul Kemp (Johnny Depp), a booze-addled journalist who signs on at the San Juan Star, a last-chance saloon of a newspaper in Puerto Rico.
After 48 hours, a miracle emerged from a narrow slit in rubble of a Turkish apartment building: a 2-week-old girl, half-naked but still breathing.
The FBI says 56 law enforcement officers were slain in the line of duty last year, 72 officers died in accidents, and 53,469 officers were assaulted in the line of duty.
The PGA Tour is launching a developmental tour south of the border, hoping it can expand its presence in South America as golf prepares to become an Olympic sport again in 2016 in Brazil.
A majority of states intend to take President Obama up on his offer to let them get around unpopular requirements in the "No Child Left Behind" education law, the Education Department said Thursday.
If JPMorgan Chase can't do well, investors worry that other banks may do even worse/
The governor of Puerto Rico has signed a bill that will outlaw the use of cellphones while driving unless a handsfree device is used.
Prosecutors have filed two homicide counts against a Milwaukee woman they accuse of abducting another woman and cutting a full-term fetus out of her womb, killing both of them.
Brazil and Argentina picked up victories Saturday to claim berths in next year's London Olympics.