- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Puget Items
The National Weather Service says a series of Pacific storms is once again bringing rain to Washington through Thursday - and with the rain comes an increased threat of mudslides and avalanches.
The U.S. Navy is seeking to renew permits to conduct sonar, explosives and other training exercises off the Washington, Oregon and California coasts, raising concerns from marine mammal advocates.
A male gray whale that feasts on shrimp in the Puget Sound every year was spotted over the weekend, marking the start of an annual stay in Washington state inland waters by a small but peculiar group of these big marine mammals, whale watchers reported Tuesday.
The fossilized mammoth tusk discovered at a Seattle construction site will reveal its age, gender and life story, but probably not for another year, because that's how long it will take scientists to dry out the water-logged and fragile tusk, officials at the Burke Museum said Wednesday.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air employees received an annual bonus Wednesday totaling $84 million.
Two years after a young endangered orca washed ashore bloodied and bruised in southwest Washington, investigators have concluded the whale was hit, struck or rammed in the head and neck. But they couldn't determine the source of that blow.
The story of "Barefoot Bandit" Colton Harris-Moore is told in a documentary made by Canadian independent filmmakers Adam and Andrew Gray.
Republican U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski questioned this week whether the Chinese ban on shellfish from Alaska and the Pacific Northwest might be about more than safety.
The National Weather Service says there's a chance of weekend snow in the Puget Sound lowlands, including the Seattle area.