- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float as Hawaii health director killed in crash
Latest Puget Items
When Peg Davis was ready to find a retirement community to move to, she looked north — not south — for a place to spend her later years.
A naval supply officer from Wisconsin has become the first woman to serve on a Navy submarine and earn her "dolphins pin," which denotes her qualifications to work aboard subs.
Two months after a 3-year-old endangered orca washed ashore bloodied and bruised in Washington state the cause of her death remains a mystery.
Two Coast Guard members were fatally shot at a communications station on an island off Alaska, officials said Thursday.
A U.S. Supreme Court ruling in May that overturned 30 years of established Freedom of Information Act precedent by restricting what federal agencies can keep secret left exposed many different types of sensitive information, a senior Justice Department official told a Senate committee Tuesday.
Democratic Rep. Norm Dicks, a former college football player who cast a huge presence over state and national politics for more than 30 years, announced Friday he'll retire at the end of the year after 18 terms in the U.S. House of Representatives.
A Chinese warship fired a high-powered beam of light that disrupted the vision of crew members aboard a U.S. Navy surveillance ship operating in international waters in 2008.
John Hoover, a revered artist in Alaska who used imagery and tales from Native traditions in contemporary works, has died at 91.