- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
Latest Qaeda Stronghold Items
Bombs striking Shiite neighborhoods, security forces and other targets across Iraq killed dozens Sunday in the latest instance of coordinated violence to take a sectarian bent and undermine confidence in the beleaguered government, officials said.
Two bombings and a drive-by shooting Sunday killed seven Iraqi police in a former al Qaeda stronghold in the western part of the country, authorities said, another sign of the militants' resurgence.