- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Quinnipiac University Poll
Latest Quinnipiac University Poll Items
Mitt Romney has erased an 8-point deficit in the swing state of Virginia, which provided President Obama with one of his biggest victories in 2008 by supporting a Democratic candidate for the first time in more than four decades.
President Obama leads presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney in the key battleground states of Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania, where voters approve of the president's new immigration policy and rate the candidates about even on handling the economy, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.
It's 18 days until the next Republican presidential primary, leaving political junkies wondering what to do with themselves until April 24. A panacea? Surveys and nice wonkish takes on the old horse race ought to help.
A contentious legislative session has sent the Virginia General Assembly's approval scores underwater after months of positive ratings - a development that comes as lawmakers gaveled in a special session Wednesday to break an impasse on the state's two-year, $85 billion budget proposal.
The rule for selecting a vice-presidential running mate is akin to the principal precept of medical ethics: First, do no harm. Should Republican front-runner Mitt Romney pick Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell as his running mate, "no harm" might be about all he can expect.
Most city voters think the New York Police Department has been effective in fighting terrorism, and a majority say the NYPD has acted appropriately in its dealing with Muslims, according to a new poll released Tuesday that questioned respondents following a series of stories from the Associated Press about the NYPD's surveillance of Muslims after the Sept. 11 attacks.
New Hampshire's Republican presidential primary didn't winnow down the field of candidates, in spite of disappointing finishes for four of the six hopefuls.
Virginia politicians and the state's General Assembly receive high marks from voters — a sharp contrast with how the Old Dominion feels about its presidential choices, according to poll results released Thursday.
The race for a U.S. Senate seat from Virginia is a statistical dead heat, according to a Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday — the fourth straight survey from the institute in which results for Republican George Allen and Democrat Tim Kaine have fallen within the margin of error.