- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
Latest Rachel Mcadams Items
Films starring Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant, Clint Eastwood and Hilary Swank, Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan receive Blu-ray upgrades, leading this week’s movies on home video.
The “chick flick” genre (or sub-genre if you prefer) gets a boost as we approach Valentine’s Day with a Nicholas Sparks movie set.
By Mick LaSalle
What's Ryan Gosling's secret to his on-screen poise, his ability to disarm and provoke merely by his laconic presence?
Highlights of Hollywood's 2013 schedule (release dates are subject to change):
On a sunny afternoon this past week at the Toronto Film Festival, Brian De Palma finishes holding court at a reporters round table. As he moves to the other side of the room, he pauses to admire one of the mural images from the iconic 1960 film "La Dolce Vita" that adorns the walls.
If it seems like Channing Tatum is everywhere, it's probably because he is. He's appeared in five films this year alone, with the latest being this weekend's ensemble comedy-drama "10 Years." The roles have come in every imaginable genre, each strikingly different from the last.
Next stop for "The Time Traveler's Wife": e-books.
Director Brian De Palma has returned to the Venice Film Festival after five years, and to the thriller genre after 20 years, with `'Passion."