- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Rachida Dati Items
France's energetic, peripatetic new president, Nicolas Sarkozy, has not abandoned work during his much-publicized family vacation in Wolfeboro, N.H. Conferring with Justice Minister Rachida Dati during speedboat rides on Lake Winnipesaukee, Mr. Sarkozy — who is scheduled to lunch today with President Bush at Kennebunkport, Maine — also found time to address the question: Whither French culture?
PARIS — President Nicolas Sarkozy sent a strong signal to France's disaffected minorities yesterday by appointing an outspoken advocate of Muslim women and a woman of Senegalese origin to his government — among the country's most diverse ever.