- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rafael Alegria
Gunmen burst into the home of the latest victims and opened fire on Pedro Canales and his wife, Reina Mejia, who was also attacked with machetes, Mr. Alegria said.
Assailants killed a man and his wife Sunday night on their return home from a wake for Secundino Ruiz, a farm workers' leader gunned down Saturday, said Rafael Alegria, a leader of Via Campesina.