- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Rafael Soriano Items
The Nationals produced a late rally, but then had to hang on for dear life to pull out a 4-3 win over the Marlins on Wednesday.
After Rafael Soriano gave up 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th, the Nationals must find a way to regroup Tuesday and not let this loss carry over.
The Miami Marlins mounted an improbable rally Monday against first-place Washington, and they're thinking they can come from behind in the NL East standings, too.
After amassing a 6-0 lead, the Nationals crumbled in Miami on their way to a 7-6 walk-off loss to the Marlins. Details here from CSN Insider Mark Zuckerman.
On a team whose lineup was crippled by injuries and whose rotation has never been completely intact, the bullpen has been the steadiest unit in 2014. That has allowed Washington to post a 51-42 record in the first half and remain percentage points ahead of the Atlanta Braves for first place in the NL East.
Jordan Zimmermann was the only Nationals' player to be named to the All-Star team, though Anthony Rendon has a chance to win the Final Vote competition.
Do the Nationals have baseball's best bullpen? What happened to the offense? We take a look at those topics and more in this week's Stock Watch.
Not even the New York Mets' stopper could bail out a suddenly stagnant offense.
Rafael Soriano got his ninth save after Werth's game-ending jumping catch against the right field wall on a drive by Daniel Murphy with two on and two outs.