- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Randall Cunningham Items
Not surprisingly, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton avoided saying anything too specific about whether he'll wind up with some extra carries in the playoffs.
Playoff losing streaks by NFL quarterbacks since 1950, according to STATS:
Since the advent of free agency in the early 1990s, it's a common story around the NFL: A player gets drafted by a team and puts in his best years there, connecting with the fans and the city and leaving his own indelible mark with the franchise, to say nothing of a Super Bowl ring or two.
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is a game-changer, a player who not only changes games but also has changed the game of football with his combination of speed, smarts and skill. He is Randall Cunningham. He is Steve Young. He is Brett Favre. He is all of those things.
A win in Dallas on Thanksgiving, another over the New York Giants on "Monday Night Football," and suddenly Robert Griffin III is a national phenomenon — a rookie with the NFL's top-selling jersey, a name politicians love to drop. It can happen quickly, can't it? Almost as quickly as Griffin can run the 40. In his case, just 12 games into his pro career.
Running quarterbacks were oxymorons in the NFL, as curious a term as "blocking offensive linemen." Running was the nature of each back in the backfield -- whether he was a quarter, half or full -- until a metamorphism began about 75 years ago.
Almost every hour of the day is Tebow Time in Denver.
The Gospel and the gridiron are inextricably intertwined in Tim Tebow's world.
Nobody knows what will come of the Tim Tebow experiment, not even those scrambling ramblers who came before him.