- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Randolph Cabangbang
Lt. Col. Randolph Cabangbang, a regional military spokesman, said the fighting erupted at dawn Tuesday near Al-Barka town on Basilan island when troops were investigating reports of rebel incursions, and sporadic clashes continued late into the night in the remote region.
Col. Cabangbang said troops were deployed to check reports by villagers that a group of gunmen known to be holding kidnapping victims had strayed areas close to their communities.