- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Random House Items
British publishing and education company Pearson PLC says it is in talks with German media group Bertelsmann SE over merging the firms' Penguin and Random House publishing operations.
"Girls" creator Lena Dunham has a seven-figure book deal with Random House.
British television productions received a leading seven International Emmy nominations Monday, including best actor and best actress nods for Jason Isaacs in "Case Histories" and newcomer Joanna Vanderham in "The Runaway," the Associated Press reports.
Election fatigue: Seven out of 10 Americans can't wait for the 2012 presidential campaign to be over, preferring to "fast-forward" to the end, says Gallup analyst Jeffrey Jones.
Diana Joy Colbert, the wife of author Charles Bock whose battle with leukemia inspired widespread sympathy and support among the New York literary community, died Thursday. She was 41.
He's the leader of the free world, and he's won a Nobel Peace Prize. But only now, by one measure, is Barack Obama finally truly famous: