- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Randy Houser
Randy Houser, "How Country Feels" (Stoney Creek)
Lukas Nelson clearly remembers the conversation that launched him on the path to playing guitar for a living. Mr. Nelson was 10 or 11 and his father, Willie, was showing him a few things on the guitar. The son asked his father what he'd like for his upcoming birthday, and the answer changed Lukas Nelson's life.
The Academy of Country Music has revealed the nominees for their two newcomer categories.
Members of country music icon Alabama recently reunited to record a track for the first disc of a new three-volume tribute to Waylon Jennings.