- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Randy Jones
Team overviews of all the teams in the NHL.
When residents of a tiny section of Grant Road Northwest, just a stone's throw from the bustle of Wisconsin Avenue, got their designation as a historic district in 2003 from the District's Office of Planning and Historic Preservation, they celebrated with a block party. Five years later, however, when residents of Chevy Chase in the District sought a similar designation, the neighborhood erupted in an internecine battle that pitted neighbor against neighbor and ended up with the proposal being withdrawn.
Tyler Seguin had two goals and two assists and the Boston Bruins fed off the energy of the recently promoted rookie to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 6-5 and tie the Eastern Conference finals at one game each on Tuesday night.
Lightning left wing Simon Gagne and defenseman Pavel Kubina have been ruled out for Game 2 against the Capitals.
"People can do whatever they want," he said. "We want to keep Virginia's tradition of property rights."
"There's an emphasis on getting history right," said Randy Jones, spokesman for Virginia's Department of Historic Resources.