- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
Latest Randy Shannon Items
Randy Shannon will not be fighting the Miami Hurricanes in a courtroom.
Former Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple is in the final stages of negotiations to become Connecticut's next head coach, according to a UConn athletic department official.
Al Golden was hired as the Miami Hurricanes' coach Sunday. He replaces Randy Shannon, fired Nov. 27 after Miami completed a 7-5 regular season and fell to 28-22 in his four seasons at his alma mater.
Al Golden led a turnaround at Temple. He now has a chance to engineer another at Miami.
Al Golden led a resurgence at Temple. He may get the chance to engineer another at Miami.
Jon Gruden apologized Thursday for widespread speculation about his candidacy to be Miami's next football coach, and said he's willing to help the Hurricanes find the right person for the job.
Mike Leach would love to be back on the sidelines next season. He says he just hasn't heard from anyone interested in hiring him yet.
When Jeff Stoutland says he wears Miami's "U" on his chest, he's talking about something deeper than a logo on a polo shirt.
As usual, Bobby Bowden watched many of Miami's games this season, only now as a football fan instead of an opposing coach trying to beat the Hurricanes.