- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Raul Benitez
Raul Benitez, a security expert at Mexico's National Autonomous University, said he had expected a strong intervention in Tamaulipas after a similar one in Michoacan, the Pacific coast state where citizen militias rose up against the Knights Templar cartel in the last year.
As the Mexican government tries to shut off the other big corridors in Texas and California, "the Sonora corridor was the one left for the Sinaloa cartel," he said.