- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Topic - Ray Emery
The Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins won't meet in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
The St. Louis Blues acquired Ryan Miller for moments such as these.
The Los Angeles Kings improved their play after blowing a two-goal lead on the road. A little experience goes a long way.
After playing some of their best hockey this month, the Philadelphia Flyers now sit and wait.
New York's latest loss to the Philadelphia Flyers was very fresh in the minds of the Islanders when it appeared they were headed for another one in the home-and-home rematch.
It is no accident the New York Rangers are surging just as Henrik Lundqvist is finding his Vezina Trophy form.
Alex Ovechkin said he likes playing in Philadelphia. 'Everywhere I go they boo me,' he said.'It's a good sign.'
The last time the Capitals and Flyers met, they combined for 164 penalty minutes and seven goals. The Caps scored all the goals.
Four days after it happened, it is still sickening to watch the beatdown that Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Ray Emery gave Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby Friday night in the midst of the Capitals 7-0 beatdown of the Flyers at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
Joel Ward scored three goals for his first NHL hat trick in the fight-filled outburst. Ward's linemate, Jason Chimera, added a goal and three assists, and Nicklas Backstrom and Mikhail Grabovski each had three points.
Jaromir Jagr is still available. So is goalie Tim Thomas, who continues exploring whether to make a comeback after taking a season off.
The Chicago Blackhawks started the season with questions about their goaltending situation.
Marian Hossa had a goal and an assist, and Chicago's Joel Quenneville became the 10th coach to earn 600 NHL victories as the Blackhawks beat the Calgary Flames 4-2 on Sunday night for their fifth straight win.
Penguins star center Sidney Crosby's return to the ice will have to wait a little longer.
"I'm just happy that it turned out the right way," Emery said. "It was kind of ugly, but it turned out the right way."
"The playoffs come fast and if you're not playing well, normally you see yourselves out pretty quick," he said. "So we definitely want to be sharp going in."